Saturday 20 August 2011

Lembeh Straits - Critter Paradise Underwater

Please forgive me for the quietness on my blog the past week, after such a crazy year or few, I finally realised that I needed a little rest. So off I headed to Lembeh Straits to continue playing with Canon Powershot's S95. I knew that I was well on the way to falling in love with this camera whilst in Nuweiba during my recent photo workshop, but how would it cope with the really small stuff here in Critter Paradise.

Well, I absolutely loved it even more and for the first time there was no need to use my INON Close-Up Lens. The camera focused quickly and sharply on all the subjects shown here and apart from a little cropping, none of the attached images have been photoshopped.

I used the camera's underwater mode to capture the photograph of the mimic octopus, I was lucky enough to see 4 of these in just two days there. Lembeh Straits really is an amazing place for any underwater photographer to go and sample macro heaven and get those photos ticked off the wish list!

I'll be continuing to play with my INON close-up lens as well as stacking them this coming week, so stay tuned for more news.

Have a lovely weekend :)









No comments: