Thursday 28 March 2013

London Dive Show at Excel 24th March

Well that was the shortest Dive Show that I've ever visited in my history of being at 12 years of shows, both at London and at Birmingham since 2001, but it still didn't fail to blow me away. As I was working a night shift I didn't get to the show until 2 pm on the Sunday, and was met with a show packed with visitors, and all the exhibitors were fully stretched both entertaining as well as demonstrating new products. I weaved my way through the aisles to the Photozone where Alex Mustard was giving an excellent presentation on sharks and sat quietly in a corner putting the finishing touches to my presentation. To my surprise, most of the visitors to his talk, stayed for mine. And even more to my amazement, visitors just kept coming and coming and standing space only it was when the talk started and in a short while, even that had gone!!! Absolutely incredible feeling to speak to about 200 people, with a lovely couple of ladies in the audience telling me how my book had helped them to take beautiful photos and Saturday's course guests, Mark and Jan Dixon, sitting in the audience too. I had to leave straight afterwards to head back on the coach to Dorset for a night shift at a local care home and make sure that their hot chocolate was ready :) .... but I left full of amazing memories of all those faces in the audience and really hope that I will be able to see them again one day personally to say thank you :)

No comments: