Tuesday 15 January 2013

Happy New Year everyone, I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year and that Santa brought you all the goodies that you wished for. I did try and write to everyone on Facebook personally, but sadly I still don't have a laptop after my shark finning trip and email access through the local internet cafes is harder than I ever imagined ... So January has got off to a wonderful start, first helping lovely Helen to master the art of her Sony Cybershot this Saturday and helping Simon with his wonderful upgrade from an Olympus SP-550 to a shiny new Canon Powershot S100, INON Wide Angle, Macro Lens, S-2000 strobe as well as a gorgeous Light and Motion Sola 1200 video light. We were in the beautiful homely venue of Frome where we used the lounge with free flowing tea and coffee (and double chocolate fudge cake afterwards whilst reviewing), in front of a warming fireplace and then it was off to the private indoor heated adjacent pool to practice techniques whilst it snowed and sleeted outside. We had a very late finish taking in all of the tips and advice to prepare them for their upcoming trip to Lembeh, and as always I wanted to go the extra underwater mile to make sure that they knew exactly what settings they needed to capture those elusive critters that this area is so famous for. Unbelievably, Helen sent me this text message whilst I was teaching in London on Sunday, thanks so much Helen and Simon: "Hi Maria, I hope you got to London safely. Just wanted to say what a fantastic time we had yesterday and thank you for the knowledge." It was an absolute pleasure and am looking forward to welcoming you back to Frome at the Glebe Guesthouse later in the year ....

No comments: